Brittany (The Book Addict's Guide)'s Reviews > Buying Time

Buying Time by Kelly Cochran

May 12, 12

bookshelves: cozy-mystery, mystery-thriller, signed, currently-own, adult
Read from May 09 to 12, 2012

First off, a big thank you to Kelly Cochran for sending me a copy of this book to review! I really appreciate it and I had a lot of fun reading this one! Another review (in more detail) is posted on my blog: The Book Addict's Guide

After less than a year after her move to St. Louis, new member to the witness protection program Aspen Moore finally found a comfortable routine for her life. As a personal concierge, she's able to help her clients and maintain a low profile, as well as having made some great new friends (mostly her "spy shop" owner friend Peter). Things are going well until one day she finds one of her clients dead. A supposed suicide, Aspen suspects more, and as she and the police dig deeper, things start to get ugly. Trying to protect herself, solve a crime, and keep her hormones in check between maybe-more-than-platonic friend Peter and sexy lawyer Jack, Aspen juggles one complication after another.

I really enjoyed reading this novel! Mostly it was the characters that drew me in. Aspen was really relatable for me and I felt like she was a nice mix of feminine and tough as nails. The back-and-forth between her and Peter is a great friendship to follow, and then with new guy Jack thrown in the mix, Aspen finds herself with two men to contend with! The mystery at the end was a mystery to me and I was really surprised at the culprit and how everything was tied in together. I couldn't put it down towards the end because I needed to know how it all tied in!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Buying Time.

05/10/2012 page 20
7.0% "So far, I like it! I see a little bit of Stephanie Plum in Aspen's character and Peter reminds me of a combination of people I know"
show 5 hidden updates…