Felicia's Reviews > The Lost Ones

Won from Library Thing
Overall Rating 4.25
Story Rating 4.50
Character Rating 4.00

First thought when finished: This book exceeded my expectations! A very good story coupled with a good mystery.

What I thought of the Case: I wasn't sure what to expect out of The Lost Ones because I had not read the first book in the series. I am a fan of "sheriff of the town" mysteries and this was that type of story with an adrenaline kick. Ace Atkins made no qualms about who the players were in the gun running game but he threw enough twists/turns to keep you wondering how it was all going to come together in the end. The selling children for profit secondary story played well into the overall storytelling! I was pretty much on edge the entire book.

What I thought of the characters: Quinn Colson is an ex-army ranger who turned into the Sheriff of his home town. He has family issues, town people issues, and is hung up on his ex who is married and pregnant. In other words, he is flawed enough to be interesting and Ace did a good job of not making any of that the focus of the story. I was worried that his personal life would take over the story but it ended up blending in pretty well. I loved Lillie! She is tough as nails, smart as a whip, and I am very interested to see where her character goes as the series progresses. She was more interesting to me than Quinn.

My Final Thoughts: I would recommend this one to fans of books like the Craig Johnson Longmire series. I know I am going to pick up book 1 and continue the series!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lost Ones.

07/02/2012 page 47