Maud's Reviews > Let the Sky Fall

Let the Sky Fall by Shannon Messenger

Dec 18, 2012

Recommended for: Anyone who loves a romantic Young Adult book with a touch of fantasy
Read from May 01 to 05, 2012

Seventeen-year-old Vane Weston has no idea how he survived the category five tornado that killed his parents. And he has no idea if the beautiful, dark-haired girl who’s swept through his dreams every night since the storm is real. But he hopes she is.

Pro’s/Con’s
No con for this book from me, only pro's.
The first thing that I loved was the writing style by Shannon Messenger. It reads away very pleasantly without making it dull or easy. It's fun to switch from Vane the human/sylph to Audra the sylph and read about what they think, how they feel and especially why.
The second thing that I love is the fantasy elements. It is original and things happened in this book that I was expecting and things that I was totally not expecting at all! This made it a great read to me, it surprised me and had me on the edge of my chair at least once every chapter. Overall a great combination of these two.
And, do you remember those characters that react to supernatural things in a totally non-realistic way? Vane doesn't do this, not any character in this book does that! They all react very realistic to the things happening to them and the way that they feel about it makes is seem as if they could be your neighbor.

Recommend it?
Yes, yes you should read this. It's a really good read and I enjoyed reading it a lot. I read a lot of Young Adult and Fantasy stuff and this was a really nice combination and I'm very much looking forward to the next installment. Shannon Messenger, you got yourself a brand new fan.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Let the Sky Fall.

05/02/2012 page 25