Sherry's Reviews > Eat to Live: The Revolutionary Formula for Fast and Sustained Weight Loss

Eat to Live by Joel Fuhrman

Apr 10, 13

bookshelves: awc-library, food-matters
Read from April 06 to 08, 2013

This was another book, in a long line of books I have read, advocating for a largely plant-based diet. I will admit I skimmed a lot of this book, only because there were some sections that don't apply to me (for example, the specific directives for diabetics), and also because there was not a whole lot here I hadn't read before.

I did like the author's recommendations for what should and should not be eaten, and I did like how he said you could eat "unlimited" amounts of fruit and veggies. I totally agree. If everyone restricted their consumption of non-fruit and non-veggie foods to prescribed limits, then ate fruit and vegetables until they were full, our obesity issues would be solved. Of course, that approach doesn't keep food companies in business, so....

If you are looking for more hardcore information about the benefits of a plant-based diet, I would recommend Mark Bittman or Michael Pollan, but this is an OK book, particularly if you are looking for motivational stories and/or are trying to lose 30+ pounds.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eat to Live.