Dee Renee Chesnut's Reviews > The Journal of Best Practices: A Memoir of Marriage, Asperger Syndrome, and One Man's Quest to Be a Better Husband

The Journal of Best Practices by David    Finch

May 07, 2012

bookshelves: 2012
Read from May 01 to 07, 2012

This displayed book caught my attention because my daughter once worked with children with autism. I also enjoyed the books by Temple Grandin. The author David Finch was not diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome until the fifth year of his marriage, and that diagnosis helped explain some of his behaviors that annoyed his wife and would have bewildered neurotypicals who had to work with him or socialize with him.
This book expands on a published article, and it can hold the interest of a reader until the end of the book.
I recommend this book to all readers with the caveat that just because your husband overlooks laundry that needs to be folded and put away, it does not meet the diagnosis criteria of Asperger Syndrome. Sometimes, better communication is all every marriage needs.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Journal of Best Practices.

05/01/2012 page 19