Kenneth's Reviews > The Maze Runner

The Maze Runner by James Dashner

9151958
May 01, 12

Read in April, 2012

"The Maze Runner" by James Dashner is a very interesting and exciting novel for all age’s people to read. There is an interesting plot throughout the story.

In the beginning of the story, as a reader, I have no idea what is going on and the story is very boring because James talks too much information in 14 chapters but it is only two days in the story. I think he write too detail in the story and it moves very slowly.

As I keep reading the book because I am desperate to find out what will happen, I finally meet the climate of the book which is starting on page 112. Thomas goes into the maze to save Alby and Minho. I think it is a climate because they need to survive in the maze for one night which is impossible due to no one success before. They need to find a hidden place for Alby because he is hurt. They also need to stay away from the Grievers because they will kill them. The book was now moving faster and faster than before.

In every book, there are positive comments and negative comments. There are few negative about this book. For example, they turned off the grievers by entering a code in the story, but at the end, they said the grievers killed people again. “I don’t know. But based on how many of us died getting here, I wouldn’t like to be on of them.” (P.370)

Another example was this book was in third person and he just added Thomas’ thought in any time. I think it was a very poor writing. In my opinion, I think he should use first person, so the story ca go flowlier.

If you are the person who does not care about poor writing, I strongly recommend “The Maze Runner” because it is just interesting as ‘The Hunger Games”.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Maze Runner.