Savi3's Reviews > The Serpent's Shadow

The Serpent's Shadow by Rick Riordan

May 08, 12

Read in May, 2012

Um well frigging amazing!! Any fans of rick? Well have you read the lost hero and remember the awesome aphrodite kids that helped piper and then there was drew well... Just like the first line on the back of the book THEY ARE BACK!!!! And apperently Sadie is all buddy buddy with Lucy and hates drew... Just one more reason I wish Sadie Kane was real so I could hug her! And OMG!!!! Zia and Carter!!! Now we need a awesome name like percabeth(Percy Annabeth) or Jipper( Jason piper) or even Peo(piper Leo) should we call them Cia or Zarter? I honestly don't know!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Serpent's Shadow.

Quotes Savi3 Liked

Rick Riordan
“Met them. Killed them. Got the T-shirt.”

Rick Riordan
“Lacy had warned me about Drew the first day of school. Apparently the two of them had gone to some summer camp together––blah, blah, I didn't really listen to teh details––and Drew had been just as much a tyrant there.

~Sadie Kane, about Lacy and Drew of Aphrodite cabin.”

Rick Riordan
“If I were a flowerpot, I would've checked my hair.

Rick Riordan
“Somewhere behind me, Zia yelled, "Hippo!" Which I thought was a little late.

Rick Riordan
“I see murky visions of other gods and rival magic."
That REALLY didn't sound good.
"What do you mean?" I asked. "what OTHER GODS?"
"I don't know, Sadie. But Egypt has always faced challenges from outside –– magicians from elsewhere, even gods from elsewhere. Just be vigilant."

~Ruby & Sadie Kane about...? Possibly Greeks?”

Rick Riordan
“I would've hit the water hard, but at the last second I changed into a falcon.

Rick Riordan
“There’s my baby!” I cried, quite carried away. “There’s my Poochiekins!”
Ammit ran at me and leaped into my arms, nuzzling me with his rough snout.
“My lord Osiris!” Disturber lost the bottom of his scroll again, which unraveled around his legs. “This is an outrage!”
“Sadie,” Dad said firmly, “please do not refer to the Devourer of Souls as Poochiekins.”

Rick Riordan
“dealing with any man means dealing with multiple personalities.”

Rick Riordan
“If anyone asks you if you’re taken,” I said, “the answer is yes.”
“I think I can live with that,” he promised.
“Good,” I said. “Because you don’t want to see me be cross.”
“Too late.”
“Shut up and dance, Walt.”
“Shut up and dance, Walt.”
We did—with the music of a psychotic griffin screaming behind us, and the sirens and horns of Brooklyn wailing below. It was quite romantic.”

Rick Riordan
“Stop smiling!” she ordered. “I can see you, Carter. Oh…and, uh, hullo, Walt.”
The pot monster made squeaky grinding noises as it stood up straight. One clunky arm rose and tried to fix Sadie’s nonexistent hair. Leave it to Sadie to be
self-conscious around boys, even when she’s made out of pots and duct tape.”

Rick Riordan
“If you’re listening to this, congratulations! You survived Doomsday.
I’d like to apologize straightaway for any inconvenience the end of the world may have caused you. The earthquakes, rebellions, riots,tornadoes, floods, tsunamis, and of course the giant snake who swallowed the sun—I’m afraid most of that was our fault. Carter and I decided we should at least explain how it happened.”

Rick Riordan
“Our problems started in Dallas, when the fire-breathing sheep destroyed the King Tut exhibit.”

Rick Riordan
“Yes, an actual full-sized camel. If you find that confusing, just think how the criosphinx must have felt.
Where did the camel come from, you ask? I may have mentioned Walt’s collection of amulets. Two of them summoned disgusting camels. I’d
met them before, so I was less than excited when a ton of dromedary flesh flew across my line of sight, plowed into the sphinx, and collapsed on top
of it. The sphinx growled in outrage as it tried to free itself. The camel grunted and farted.
“Hindenburg,” I said. Only one camel could possibly fart that badly. “Walt, why in the world—?”
“Sorry!” he yelled. “Wrong amulet!”
The technique worked, at any rate. The camel wasn’t much of a fighter, but it was quite heavy and clumsy. The criosphinx snarled and clawed
at the floor, trying unsuccessfully to push the camel off; but Hindenburg just splayed his legs, made alarmed honking sounds, and let loose gas.
I moved to Walt’s side and tried to get my bearings.”

Rick Riordan
“We speak with one voice,” Walt said. “Especially on this matter. No one hurts Sadie Kane.”

Rick Riordan
“For an absurd moment, I wondered if Ammit devoured the hearts of wicked cows, and if he liked the beefy taste.

- Carter Kane”

Rick Riordan
“She was so warm, her drenched clothes had almost dried. Her eyes were rolled back in her head. She started muttering, and I could’ve sworn she said, “Dung balls. Time to roll the dung balls.”
It might’ve been funny—except for the fact that she was dying.
“That’s Khepri talking,” Setne explained. “He’s the divine dung beetle, rolling the sun across the sky.”
I didn’t want to process that—the idea that the girl I liked had been possessed by a dung beetle and was now having dreams about pushing a giant sphere of flaming poo across the sky.”

Rick Riordan
“You never know!” Neith snapped. “The point is, I’ll survive the apocalypse. I can live off the land!” She jabbed a finger at me. “Did you know the palm tree has six different edible parts?”
“Um—”
“And I’ll never be bored,” Neith continued, “since I’m also the goddess of weaving. I have enough twine for a millennium of macramé!”
I had no reply, as I wasn’t sure what macramé was.”

Rick Riordan
“I lifted my wand, hoping she would see this as a dramatic move, not a threat. “Why once, in my bunker at Charing Cross Station, I stalked the
deadly prey known as Jelly Babies.”
Neith’s eyes widened. “They are dangerous?”
“Horrible,” I agreed. “Oh, they seem small alone, but they always appear in great numbers. Sticky, fattening—quite deadly. There I was, alone
with only two quid and a Tube pass, beset by Jelly Babies, when…Ah, but never mind. When the Jelly Babies come for you…you will find out on
your own.”
She lowered her bow. “Tell me. I must know how to hunt Jelly Babies.”
I looked at Walt gravely. “How many months have I trained you, Walt?”
“Seven,” he said. “Almost eight.”
“And have I ever deemed you worthy of hunting Jelly Babies with me?”
“Uh…no.”

Rick Riordan
“A weapon, I told Horus. I need a weapon.
I reached into the Duat and pulled out an ostrich feather.
“Really?” I yelled.
Horus didn’t answer”

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zak (new) - rated it 5 stars

Zak :o TRUE! i completely forgot about Drew and her crew! i loved the fact he did that, then later included the fact that there was strange magic on long island! (CHB venue)

Savi3 And the fact that Lucy had a crush on Carter? Ahhh if only Piper were there, that would have been truly amazing!

ShAnnon Monahan I met Rick at a signing for son of neptune. Signed my book. NIG fan of Rick.

ShAnnon Monahan *******big. Oly crap!

Savi3 Me too! I met him in Mission Vejio , California

Arti Zarter

Savi3 Ya.....

Elena I like Zarter. But I noticed that too! It would bd do cool if he had a combined Greek and Egyptian series.

Charlotta OMG!! I JUST CAUGHT THE DREW THING. OMG RICK RIORDAN YOU ARE GENIUS. I literally just go so excited that I fangirled all over the house. I love Rick by the way.

Marziya Hasan its lacy not lucy