C.V. Hunt's Reviews > 32 Fangs: A Final Vampire Tale

32 Fangs by David Wellington

May 21, 12

bookshelves: own
Read from May 01 to 21, 2012

32 Fangs is the last of the 13 Bullets series (a.k.a The Laura Caxton series) by David Wellington, and I don’t believe too many of his fans will be disappointed.

The readers finally get the answers they have been waiting for: Who was Malvern in life?, Where did she come from?, How had she survived throughout time?, and over all, What happened to Laura?

The story is set up like 99 Coffins as the chapters have alternate viewpoints. Wellington was able to give the readers what they were looking for by bouncing back and forth from present time to events in the past. He effectively told the story of Malvern this way.

The only off putting things I found were the present time story. It was mainly focused on back story. Reminding readers of what has happened throughout a series is a challenge, but it seemed like overkill.

I like David Wellington’s writing style, and his dedication to keeping monsters scary. I’m a fan of his Monster Island trilogy, and I like this series also, although I was hoping for a different type of ending. I’m really looking forward to hopping into his werewolf trilogy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 32 Fangs.

05/01/2012 page 26