Jennifer's Reviews > In the Woods

In the Woods by Tana French

May 25, 10

Read in September, 2008

Why...why does this keep happening to me? I keep reading the first part of these books and thinking that they will be well-written. Or compelling. Or...anything that ends in ing which is a good thing and makes me happy. I read it and got pissed that I could have been finding cupcake bakeries and watching those documentaries I've had on my shelf for ages but haven't gotten to yet instead of reading it, and maybe also just a little worried that now I'll be slightly less intelligent and possibly less worthy to read good works.

I bought it in an airport, it was good for about an hour, and then it turned on me. Like those delicious Gyoza. Ever taken one of those with you away from the restaurant? I wouldn't recommend it.

Overall, the best part of this book was moving it from point A to point B a few days after reading it, and discovering there was a check tucked inside that I had forgotten about. Thank you, book. I thank you. My bank account thanks you. Now please go quietly away.
14 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read In the Woods.

Laura Let's face it though -- most cupcake bakeries turn out to be really overrated. Have you ever been to The Cupcake Cafe in NYC? The cupcakes look beautiful, but then you bite into them and find out that apparently, the bakers actually use wax to make them. I've had wax fruit that tastes better and I'm not kidding.