Cat's Reviews > Flirting With Death

Flirting With Death by Heidi Hall

Apr 30, 2012

liked it
Read from September 14 to 15, 2012

I really liked the idea of the 'burned' CIA agent trying to figure out what to do with her life afterwards. Add in her crazy, yet loving family and you've got yourself a great formula.

The characters were pretty much all likable, though I did find the heroine of this story a bit dumb. In fact, as a former CIA agent you'd think she be on her game more, especially when she starts noticing that she's not up to par with her skills (i.e. noticing when people enter the room, where she's placed her weapons, etc). I found that to be really stupid, a tad unbelievable, and very annoying as the book progressed.

Overall I liked the story, and the editing was decent. There's quite a bit of romance, swearing, and mystery going on, though as the reader I felt like I picked up on more clues than Kayla did (seriously the note came with initials on it!).

Recommend it? Sure - it's a lighthearted, and fairly quick, read. I did like that the protag is/was capable of kicking major butt (in theory, anyway)
All in all, glad it was free!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Flirting With Death.

09/14/2012