Justin's Reviews > Revived

Revived by Cat Patrick

May 01, 12

Read from April 30 to May 01, 2012

This is the first book of Cat's that I have read, so I wasn't really sure what to expect. After reading Revived though, I am looking forward to reading her other book whenever I get the chance. Cat is a fantastic writer, I was really able to become immersed in this story and it was an awesome feeling. I had a really hard time putting it down, especially once I started getting deeper into the story.

Revived is a really unique story, I was really surprised just how interesting the concept ended up being. While reading it, I always found myself asking, what if a drug such as this actually existed? It's something that could very well be possible, which I think makes this story even more interesting. The idea that people can be brought back to life with a drug isn't that far fetched. I really liked how Cat included the secret organization into that controlled everything involving Revived. I just absolutely love stories like this, because it honestly makes you think about things you wouldn't just think about on a daily bases. This story is fiction, yes. But with all of the medical advances we make every year, it just makes you wonder if we might actually see something like this in our lifetime.

Daisy is such a great character. She has gone through so much throughout her life, I mean five deaths is insane to think about. She is just such a strong character, I was really touched by some of the things she did when she moved to Omaha, especially involving her best friend Audrey. Audrey and Matt are siblings, Audrey is the first person Daisy meets on her first day at school in Omaha right after moving. I became so attached to the characters, especially these three. They are beautifully written, and you can't help but feel for them during different situations throughout the story. One of my other favorite characters had to be Mason, he was one of the agents watching after Daisy and was essentially her father so to speak. I feel like it took awhile for Daisy to realize just how much Mason cared for her, she got annoyed a lot about little things he did but I really liked that their relationship really did feel like a father/daughter relationship. Cassie was the other agent taking care of Daisy, I never really cared for her at the start she just never really seemed to care. I was really surprised by later events though that involved her, not at all what I was expecting.

The last character I want to talk about is "God" he was the one in charge of the Revived program. You hear about a little throughout the book, mostly just references in the beginning brought up in conversations. He doesn't really become relevant until later on in the book. I'll just say that things get really interesting when he actually comes into play. He plays a much bigger role than just being the guy in charge of the program. But I can almost guarantee that it won't be in the ways you might be thinking. I was really surprised how things played out with him.

The ending was absolutely insane, things really picked up in the last several chapters and I had no idea what was going to happen. I was really shocked at how things played out, and how it all impacted the characters. There were several pages that I had to read over again just because I was so surprised with some of the sudden plot twists that were thrown in at the end. I think Cat did an absolutely amazing job wrapping up this story though. I really like that she gave a solid ending for all of the characters I really cared about.

I would highly suggest checking this book out, it's a really different book but it's so well written. I am positive that this book is something pretty much any reader can enjoy, it really makes you think which I feel makes it so much more fun. Even while typing this review I am still replaying different things that happened in the book. It's such a great book, really hope you all will go out and get a copy.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Revived.

05/01/2012 page 78
23.0% "Very interesting book so far. Seems like it's just going to get better."
show 3 hidden updates…