Arlene's Reviews > Dark Soul Vol. 5

Dark Soul Vol. 5 by Aleksandr Voinov

Apr 30, 12

bookshelves: adult, read-2012, m-m
Read on April 29, 2012

I’m assuming this is the final installment of the Dark Soul series. If not, can someone please let me know? I’m dying for more just to have it, but it feels like a conclusive ending none-the-less. Overall, I have a feeling that any other crime fiction I pick up after this will fall short of the expectations that have been set. Voinov arranged the bar pretty high for me with his powerful, intense and captivating series. Absolutely addicting and shocking at every turn.

In this installment, the US Attorney builds their case again Stefano Marino at about the same time his mob family is on the verge of a mutiny. The choices Stefano has at his disposal are few and the possible outcomes are uncertain... from any angle. Despite his situation, he knows who he needs to protect and his ultimate choice will destroy just about everyone in some form or fashion.

I love it when a character that has been sitting on the sideline, playing the least obtrusive of roles comes out of nowhere and shifts the story down a path that leaves me picking my jaw up off the floor and falling into insta-love for the character. Donata… oh Donata … you are the perfect combination of insane and awesome… the perfect final angle completing the trifecta of Silvio and Stefano. Take your bow… you stole the show! This installment can be summed up in one word – PERFECTION! No! Wait! One more word… ADDICTING! That is all…

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Soul Vol. 5.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Arlene - is this the same as "Special Forces "?

Arlene No, not the same at all. I have no words for this series. I'm still in shock and suffering from withdrawals. This was book crack at its best.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Might have to read it :)

Arlene I think you might. ;)

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Arlene - have you ever watched La Femme Nikita?

Arlene I haven't, but I've heard of it. Does this series remind you of that?

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

No, you remind me of a character off of there. It's like my favorite show and I am watching all the DVDs :)

Arlene LMAO! I wasn't expecting that one!! LOLOL Jenn told me that I remind her of someone from Pretty Little Liars or some other show that I don't watch. That always cracks me up.

Well I hope you like the character I remind you of. :D

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, she is kinda evil but she is pretty :)

Arlene Not sure how I feel about that. LOLOL!!! XD So you're saying the pretty outweighs the evil? I could live with that. :P You are too funny!

Laura haha...The woman did kickass---didn't she?! :D
Perfection and Addicting indeed! So happy you had fun with this world! I'm pretty sure it is the end for (view spoiler), but hoping for other tales. Begging even! I loved Franco!

Christina Hey Laura and all, sorry to intrude but yes DS5 is the last one :( but like Laura we're hoping to get more tidbits some time in the future. Laura I'd be in line right there with you!

message 13: by Laura (last edited May 01, 2012 07:22AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Laura Christina wrote: "Hey Laura and all, sorry to intrude but yes DS5 is the last one :( but like Laura we're hoping to get more tidbits some time in the future. Laura I'd be in line right there with you!"

Hey You! Arlene--Christina is the one that hooked me on Voinov! Huge love and hugs sent your way!haha...Please jump in! :) Fingers crossed for more tidbits! :)
p.s. We have to talk about Vadim!!! :(

message 14: by Arlene (last edited May 01, 2012 07:33AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Arlene Oh I really loved Donata in this installment. She shocked the H3LL out of me not just once but several times in this volume. I really liked how she protected Stefano at every turn and well, it was sort of hot how she was willing to play Stefano and Silvio's game. ;)

I would love more of this world. I have so many questions! What happened to Franco? What exactly did their father do to them? What happened to Silvio when he got shot???? I want more!! :)

Christina thanks for the FYI. I was hoping there was more, but I kind of figured there wasnt. Great finds!!! Like nothing I've ever read before. :)

message 15: by Laura (last edited May 01, 2012 08:23AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Laura Haha…Same here! More, more, more! But…I also like how it ended. I love a little mystery. & I like when an author (view spoiler) Yes! Same here!---the way Donata protected her man made me very proud and a bit scared of the woman! I imagine her with fingernails that could claw your face off! :D
I would love a Franco story! He is so broken and filled with tales to tell.

Christina NP, Arlene. I can't help myself when I hear Silvio's name come up. We need more Fraco for sure! I too love Donata. She'e so confident and bravo to her for enjoying herself.

Laura, I'm not too sure you'll be thanking me in the future. You may want to shot me around 65%.

Arlene I really liked how it ended too. I'll be honest I was a bit nervous because you never know with Silvio. (view spoiler) Oh Donata was pure awesome. I honestly think even Silvio was a bit nervous of her. HA! Despite the decision Stefano made, I really believe he loved her and respected her. His final choices proved a few things.

You girls are k!lling me with this SF talk! I'm transfering them to my Nook as we speak. :)

Laura Christina wrote: "NP, Arlene. I can't help myself when I hear Silvio's name come up. We need more Fraco for sure! I too love Donata. She'e so confident and bravo to her for enjoying herself.

Laura, I'm not to..."

GREAT!! Looking forward to 65% then! I will love you no matter what. welllll..... ;)

@Arlene! YES! YES! YES! :) Can't wait! let the pain begin! Rant & rave away--I will be here. :)

Christina Laura wrote: "Hey You! Arlene--Christina is the one that hooked me on Voinov! Huge love and hugs sent your way! haha...Please jump in! :)..."

HA, I just saw this. I don't mind being the Voinov book pimp. I can always add a few more authors your way when you're ready :) Oh and don't forget A&D in just a few weeks!

Laura @ Christina--YES! Thank God! The wait is almost over!!! I have had May 18th on my calendar for months!! I can't wait! Ty and Zane! ....sigh...I could kill someone for that book right now! :)
Oh, yes please, said the drug addicted book fiend! :D Let’s see if I survive SF first. ;) Did you read the SF books back to back with no breaks in between?

Christina Yup, I read them all back to back. I couldn't stop.

Laura In awe right now. Pure awe! :) I might just go for it. They feel like they are living in my head anyway. haha...