Bill Golden's Reviews > Last Argument of Kings

Last Argument of Kings by Joe Abercrombie
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Last Argument of Kings.

Quotes Bill Liked

Joe Abercrombie
“I have learned all kinds of things from my many mistakes. The one thing I never learn is to stop making them.”

Joe Abercrombie
“Proof is boring. Proof is tiresome. Proof is an irrelevance. People would far rather be handed an easy lie than search for a difficult truth, especially if it suits their own purposes.”

Joe Abercrombie
“Rules are for children. This is war, and in war the only crime is to lose.”

Joe Abercrombie
“You have to realistic about these things.”

Joe Abercrombie
“Mercy and weakness are the same thing in war, and there's no prize for nice behavior.”

Joe Abercrombie
“The lamplight gleamed on the Magus’ white grin. “People like to watch the pretty puppets, Superior. Even a glimpse of the puppeteer can be most upsetting for them. Why, they might even suddenly notice the strings around their own wrists”

Joe Abercrombie
“The only difference between war and murder is the number of dead.”

Joe Abercrombie
“They appear somewhat unreliable," he murmured.
"Unreliable? Nonsense, Superior! Out of luck is all, and we both know how that goes, no? Why, there's not a man of them I wouldn't trust my mother to."
"Are you sure?"
"She's been dead these twenty years. What harm could they do her now?”

Joe Abercrombie
“It always amazes me, how swiftly problems can be solved, once you start cutting things off people.”

Joe Abercrombie
“Power makes all things right. That is my first law, and my last. That is the only law that I acknowledge.”
tags: bayaz