Alejandro's Reviews > The Throne of Fire

The Throne of Fire by Rick Riordan

Apr 30, 12

The Throne of Fire is one of the best Rick Riordan books that I have read so far. I particularly like the Kane Chronicles series because, as opposed to the Lightening Thief series, it is slightly more complicated, exciting, and written for a more mature audience. I especially liked the Throne of Fire because just when you think you know what is going on and you can predict what will happen next, the story takes a sharp turn. Another reason I really liked this book is because I learned a lot while reading it. I am not very well educated in Egyptian mythology so I was able to absorb a lot of information about Ancient Egyptian culture through reading. One of the main reasons I like Riordan's mythology-based books is because he ties them to modern times. This means that the ancient gods exist in present day and they are slightly different because they have adapted to Western culture. Overall, this is a fantastic read and I would recommend it to anyone who enjoyed the Red Pyramid or any of Rick Riordan's previous books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Throne of Fire.