Jean's Reviews > The Assassin and the Pirate Lord

The Assassin and the Pirate Lord by Sarah J. Maas

May 07, 12

bookshelves: kindle-lendable
Read on May 02, 2012

I really enjoy the new trend of novellas released prior to a debut author's first book. It gives me a feel for the story and writing style without too much commitment. In this case, there are four novellas being released prior to Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas. At first glance, Celaena isn't the type of heroine I'd want to read about. She's a little too concerned with her beauty, but the reason for that is explained towards the end of the novella. She's also really confident in her abilities, which I suppose you'd need to be if you were an assassin. She becomes more personable towards the end of the novella. I suspect we will follow Celaena as she changes throughout the novellas, and I have a feeling she'll be an entirely different person by the time we get to the book. I ended up preordering Throne of Glass after reading the second novella, The Assassin and the Desert (Throne of Glass, #0.2) by Sarah J. Maas.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Assassin and the Pirate Lord.