Rachel's Reviews > Room for Love

Room for Love by Andrea Meyer

May 11, 12

bookshelves: 2012
Read from April 30 to May 07, 2012

I stumbled upon this book while it was on display at a used bookstore, and later checked it out from the library. The premise sounded really interesting, and I was looking for a light read.

Jacquie is having trouble finding the perfect man. Her sister, having just relocated from Los Angeles to New York, suggests she answer ads looking for roommates. It's not only a casual way to meet someone, but you get a chance to learn about the person through exploring his personal space. I thought it was a fresh, unique take for a chick lit novel.

Admittedly, I was hoping that Meyer would explore viewing more apartments to get a montage of good and bad experiences. Instead, Jacquie throws herself into a brand new relationship very quickly. Fortunately, Meyer throws in a twist at the end that, while expected if you pick up on the clues, is still whimsical and satisfying.

One trend I've started to notice in the chick lit novels that catch my eye is that, like Meyer, they're written by magazine editors who live either in Los Angeles or New York. Reading about main characters who work in the publishing industry in these two cities is starting to grow a little tiresome for me. Girls have trouble finding love all over the country. I'd love to see an author explore a story in a less common setting to give me a bit more variety when I need a lighter read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Room for Love.

04/30/2012 page 22