Rachel's Reviews > Drop Dead Healthy: One Man's Humble Quest for Bodily Perfection

Drop Dead Healthy by A.J. Jacobs

May 11, 2012

bookshelves: 2012
Read from April 30 to May 11, 2012

I'm a huge A.J. Jacobs fan, and I was very excited to read his latest book. For those unfamiliar with his previous books, Jacobs sets out on outrageously hilarious "humble quests." In his latest installment, he decides to try to become the world's healthiest person.

Each chapter highlights a different part of his body that he wants to improve, reading books on the topic, consulting with experts in the field, and trying wacky gizmos found on the internet. In true Jacobs style, the product from this exploration is entertaining, informative, and laugh-out-loud funny.

Though it may be because it's been some time since I read his last book, one aspect I really enjoyed about this book was the seemingly increased inclusion of anecdotes by his wife, Julie. She's quite funny herself, and a saint for putting up with Jacobs's crazy antics.

Will I try some of the things Jacobs tried? Mmm, probably not. What do I wish I could do the most? Have a treadmill desk at work. I would love to spend part of my day walking on a treadmill.

Fans of Jacobs's previous books will not be disappointed. For those unfamiliar with his books, I think you'll find this book highly entertaining as well.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Drop Dead Healthy.

04/30/2012 page 29