Melindeeloo's Reviews > On the Prowl

On the Prowl by Christine Warren

Apr 30, 12

bookshelves: paranormal-romance-shapeshifters, shapeshifters
Read on April 30, 2012

Two powerful Tiguri (Tiger shifting) clans decide to strengthen their positions - and establish a Tiguri presence in the US - by combining forces via an arranged marriage. Nicolas Preda has it all planned in a very cerebral way of how he and his mate to be are going to rule their new domain, but he is unprepared for his viseral attraction to the elegant Saskia and how she threatens his tidy vision of the future. Saskia thought she was ready to do her duty and marry Nic, as a child she worshiped the teenaged Nic, but when Nic tries to go old school on her and thinks that he can treat her like a child and dictate the rules - she's going to remind him that a tigeress has claws...

After the first couple chapters - and a very promising setup - I was excited to find that Warren finally brought her 'A' game and that On The Prowl recapture all of the things I had liked in the earlier books of her Others: an intense steamy pairing, girl bonding over stupid male moments and appearances from many of my old favorite supporting Others - Graham, Missy and Rafe.

Both of the leads here are good - even though Nic has some neanderthal moments he's actually decent enough to know that he's blown it once his temper cools down and Saskia is a great example of winning through brains instead of kick-butty-ness - and together they are burn up the sheets combustible.

So I loved Warren's latest all new addition to her Others series and am hoping that she is in the groove for the oh-so-long awaited rewrite of Rafe's story - there's just a little bit of him here and I want it all.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read On the Prowl.

04/30/2012 page 48
16.0% "If the setup is any indication, Warren is finally bringing her 'A' game..."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Vashti based on your very excellent review,i am bumping this to the top of my reading list.

message 2: by ~V~ (new) - added it

~V~ Great review Melindeeloo!! I'm glad it was a good one...i used to love this series but stopped a few books ago because people were not happy w/ the quality of them but this makes me excited to get back to it.

MelissaB Nice to hear she finally wrote a decent book, I gave up on this series awhile ago

Vashti Read it last nite and loved it.

message 5: by ~V~ (new) - added it

~V~ Vashti wrote: "Read it last nite and loved it."

That's great Vashti! I'll def. be getting back to this series. :)

Lulu Glad to see that this one is a winner. I was really disenchanted with the series after the last two or three books.

Vashti Same here ,but after reading Meilndeeloo's review,just had to read it and it was well worth it girls