Brooke's Reviews > Jeneration X: One Reluctant Adult's Attempt to Unarrest Her Arrested Development; Or, Why It's Never Too Late for Her Dumb Ass to Learn Why Froot Loops Are Not for Dinner

Jeneration X by Jen Lancaster

Jun 11, 12

Read in May, 2012

Based on the other comments on this book I am probably the outlier here...but I am REALLY disappointed with this book. The whole time I was reading I had the feeling of "been there done that". The biggest issue I had was that most of the material had already been posted to her blog or addressed in her column. I was really looking forward to this one after the disappointment of her novel, but this one is leading me to believe she might have lost her touch...which makes me sad.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jeneration X.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Jennifer My problem is that I'm tired of each book being "how I grow up and change" and then admitting in the next book "oh yeah I gave that up". Like the weight loss exercise book and now she doesn't go to the gym.

I think the next book would be better if it didn't struggle so much for a theme and "character development" as it were and simply focused on fitting in more amusing vignettes.

message 2: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Todd Agreed!

Jennifer I started with Such A Pretty Fat & loved that book. The footnotes were quirky and fun. And now I'm just like.... Is she going to write something new? The footnotes are annoying in ereader format. And I feel like it's just a bunch of self-depreciating and negativity about other people. Disappointed. I couldn't even finish it and I have forced myself to finish some tough ones.