Quetzalli Luera's Reviews > Batman: The Dark Knight Returns

Batman by Frank Miller

Apr 30, 12

Read in April, 2012

Although I disapprove a girl Robin in any situation, I found myself liking Carrie Kelly. She was no Dick or Tim, but she was likeable all the same. I loved this book and I think it has earned it's title as being one of the greatest Batman stories. Seeing Bruce after years of retirement go back to the caped crusader of Gotham was fantastic. We didn't just see Bruce though, we also saw Superman, and Two-Face, the Joker and Selina and see what they've been doing since we last saw them. The story was well written and the art was amazing! In case you didn't know this story saved not only the Batman franchise, but all comic books. Up until it came out comic books had become more and more comical at the attempt to please angry mothers who felt they were to violent. The heroes became perfect citizens because of this, but the criminals became better too. They're schemes were more like that of a soap opera than a villain:( When the Dark Knight Returned came out heroes once again had dark sides and criminals again were truly evil! This change helped boost reader interest and get new readers too:) So, basically it's good book and you should read it. You don't have to like it, just understand it's importance. On irrelevant relevant note, it made me cry a few times it was so good:)
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Batman.