Sandy T's Reviews > Love Walked In

Sep 06, 08

bookshelves: 2008, fiction, book-lovers
Recommended for: Lindsay!
Read in September, 2008

FABULOUS writing! I was hooked from the first paragraph! It's like your best girlfriend, Cornelia, is catching you up on the latest in her life. The story is especially great for classic movie/literature buffs (Lindsay!) because Cornelia is always comparing her life to certain scenes and characters from her favorite old movies (The Philadelphia Story, Casablanca, Rear Window, etc.) And Clare compares people in her life to characters from classic children's literature.
Some reviewers didn't like the way the chapters switched from Cornelia to Clare's viewpoints, but I found the differing perspectives quite interesting!
With crisp, quick-witted storytelling and captivating characters, this will be added to my "favorites" list!
---It is, however, definitely PG-13 rated in a few places and she throws in some 4-letter words a few times that are completely unnecessary... Still worth the read though!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love Walked In.

Comments (showing 1-1)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

Lindsay ooh thanks for the recommendation! I never get recommendations. I'm so excited. I'm going to Barnes and Noble on monday. (Don't you just LOVE Casablanca????) Here's looking at you, kid.