Steven R. McEvoy's Reviews > Grey Griffins: The Clockwork Chronicles #1: The Brimstone Key

Grey Griffins by Derek Benz

Apr 30, 12

bookshelves: 2011-best-of, read-2011
Read in January, 2011, read count: 1

This book was amazing. It is a mix of steam punk, science fiction, gamer and gold old mystery all rolled up in one. It was a very addictive read. I found more than once, that I did not want to put my eReader down. I wanted to find out what was going to happen next. The story is fast-paced, as we follow the young adventurers, the Grey Griffins as they begin a new adventure and begin formal training in school at Iron Bride Academy, an aviate military school run by the Knights Templar to fight evil. The grey Griffins are:

Max Sumner
Harley Eisenstein
Natalia Romanov
Ernie Tweeny

Now these three friends had a previous adventure in the original Grey Griffins trilogy. But this book stands on its own. I have not read the previous series, and this book, though alluding to events in the previous series, is self-contained. It was good enough that I do plan to go back and read the earlier series.
...
Read the review and with links to other reviews of books by the authors on my blog Book Reviews and More.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Grey Griffins.