Donna's Reviews > The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Recipes from an Accidental Country Girl

The Pioneer Woman Cooks by Ree Drummond

Apr 30, 12

This is my first non-fiction selection and the first ever cookbook I read cover to cover and wanted to cook and eat (especially EAT) every recipe. The back story is as good as any fiction romance novel. Oklahoma girl moves to LA, has successful career,takes a big job in Chicago and on the way, stops in at a smoky bar with friends and meets a steely blue-eyed cowboy.Four dates and several years later, she finds herself on an Oklahoma cattle ranch with the cowboy (Marlboro man) and four little cowhands, blogging Ranch recipes and happy as a tick on a dog! The book has great recipes (caution: full of butter, cream and bacon- especially bacon!), pictures of the ranch and family and lots of humor. You just want to invite her over immediately. I have already ordered her second cookbook. Loved it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Pioneer Woman Cooks.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel (new)

Rachel I've watched her cooking show and I swear it made me want to be a Ranch Wife, for just a few minutes anyhow! She makes it look fun and yummy.

Donna Dang! I wish I could get that on my TV! You know, I always did have a thing for cowboys so I just love her story. I got her latest cookbook; less personal stuff and more recipes that are fancier. Personally the first cookbook is my favorite. Down home and delish!