Lauren's Reviews > Peach Girl: Change of Heart, Vol. 10

Peach Girl by Miwa Ueda

Jan 02, 2013

bookshelves: manga
Read in January, 2007

Story: The perfect thing about this series is that it is a potential real life situation. There is bullying from the other people at school and misunderstandings set into a high school setting. This series is absolutely perfect for someone to read when they are that age and to realize that many people can make mistakes or take something the wrong way, especially in regards to relationships. There is a quite potent love triangle between Momo, a girl that gets bullied by others, Kairi (Kiley), a flirt of a guy, and Toji, a guy that is easily blindsided. It does not help anything that there is the slightly evil character of Sae that is always trying to get in Momo's way.

Drawing Style: One of my favorite things about the art style of Miwa UEDA is that she changes up the characters. Especially Momo, she always wears different clothing and has a different style of hair that is rarely seen in anime or manga.

Characters: The characters are highly in depth and developed throughout the series. They are all multi-dimensional with underlying reasons for how they come across and serious back stories that add to the series.

Overall: This is one of my favorite series by far, exceeding all of my previous expectations and blowing me away with the quality of production.

Note: This review was completed after reading volumes 1-18.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Peach Girl.