Patti's Reviews > The Rising

The Rising by Kelley Armstrong

May 12, 13

Read on May 12, 2013

I did not like this at all. So anti-climactic. And there probably won't be a continuation with Projects Valhalla and Thunderbird. There seemed to be a hint for future adult books but if it's from Maya's POV I won't be reading it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Rising.

05/12/2013 marked as: currently-reading
05/12/2013 marked as: read

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah personally i like maya and her point of view and i might not know what corey is but we can tell that he can predict the future which is pretty cool

Jessie agreed, I love Maya i think i like her better then chloe! chloe is still amazing and i love her but Maya is my favourite.

message 3: by Wizard (new) - added it

Wizard I like Chloe a lot better actually, she at least uses her powers more than Maya. It was interesting to try to add in more variations of powers, but it's kinda just repeating the previous storyline. Also, Corey and Annie are my favorite from the series:D

Patti Wizard your right. No one is really using their powers in this series and it sort of makes the plot plod instead of race. I'll still read this book (Chloe cameo!)

Corey isn't that bad as a character actually (well, in comparison to some of the others in this series), but I wish we'd found out what he was in the last book. Maybe I would have been more invested in what happens to everyone if I knew the intricacies of what they could do.

Nichole Donche I agree the last book was a let down for me.