Keri's Reviews > Logan's Outlaw

Logan's Outlaw by Elaine Levine

Aug 14, 12

bookshelves: reviewed, 2012-read, elaine-levine, romance-historical, romance-western
Read in August, 2012

Sarah was captured a year ago by the Sioux and of course during that time she was brutally raped, tortured and abused. Somehow not only did she survive, she escaped and is now trying to forge a new life for herself. She is trying to find away to live with her past and somehow find a future for herself. Before she can do that, she has to turn over some increminating forgery documents of bogus land deeds that belonged to her dead husband. But even that peace has been denied her, as someone destroys her room and she realizes that she isn't safe and needs to find somewhere she can be. Logan passes Sarah on her way to buy a gun and instantly falls in love. I loved Logan he was honorable and had unshakeable faith in his ability to protect Sarah. Sarah doesn't believe she will ever be able to be with a man or have a family again. Society isn't kind or nice to ex-captives. Once she meets Logan, she can't but help to wish that things were different. Logan sets out to prove that he can be the man that defeats all the demons of her pasts. Once Sarah learns of the true reach of the betrayal in her past she doesn't even think that Logan can help her. The love scenes in the book were absolutely fabulous. Also the ending was lovely and I wanted more. This whole series has been edgy and fabulous and I hope EL continues with the series, as the new sheriff could use somebody to love. :-)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Logan's Outlaw.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

SheLove2Read Can this be read as a standalone?

Keri Yes, you can easily read this as a standalone.

SheLove2Read Oh good. Thanks!

message 4: by Jill (new)

Jill Fantastic review, Keri! I've enjoyed the first two in this series.

Keri Thanks Jill. I couldn't resist finishing it.

message 6: by Dee (new) - added it

Dee Great review Keri!

I am fairly new to HR and have not yet read any westerns but your review has moved me enough to want to read this one!

Keri Thanks Dee, it is a great read, but beware EL doesn't hold back on what horrors Sarah went through when she was a captive.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) This was a great book. Glad you liked it, Keri!

message 9: by Dee (new) - added it

Dee Keri wrote: "Thanks Dee, it is a great read, but beware EL doesn't hold back on what horrors Sarah went through when she was a captive."

Sounds like I'm gonna need the tissues handy :(

message 10: by Keri (new) - rated it 5 stars

Keri You will Dee, but in a good way. Sarah was a strong woman despite what she was put through.

message 11: by KatLynne (new)

KatLynne Great review Keri and glad this can be read as a stand alone. I don't usually read out of order, but with my limited time, I'm going to put this one first:)

message 12: by Keri (new) - rated it 5 stars

Keri Thanks KatLynne. I hope you like it as much as I did.