Emilee (Fantastical Paper Realm)'s Reviews > I Promise

I Promise by Robin Jones Gunn

Aug 30, 12

bookshelves: favorites
Read in August, 2012

This book made me realize just how much I loved Christy and Todd. I almost cried like 5 times, I don't do that. It had all the drama Christy requires to make it through life and all the sweetness that Todd requires. The wedding was so beautiful. It left with you hope for their future, knowing that they would have problems, but they would love each other enough to make it through. I applaud Mrs. Gunn, she crafted a unique series.

Todd is the most original guy ever and I fall in love when she said he had a VW bus. And who doesn't love a surfer? But it's more than that; he wouldn't give her false hope, he wouldn't hold her back, he was into symbolism, he was a forever kind of dude, he wasn't all or nothing, he understood that life had gray areas, he loved God, he wanted serve Him, he had dreams, and he believed in love at first sight.

Christy really grew on me too; she was confused(aren't we all?), she grew so much, she was kind to everyone, she didn't give up, she was smart, and she was, in all certainty, perfect for Todd.

And, yes, I used past tense on purpose. I feel like they've died. That's how you know a book series really got inside of you. But as someone smart once said "A good book has no ending" they will forever live on in my mind.

This one needs a higher age recommendation though, due to their impending wedding they talk about certain parts of their future.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Promise.