Manda's Reviews > The Murderer's Daughters

F_50x66
Apr 30, 12

bookshelves: 2012
Read in April, 2012

I greatly enjoyed this book. I read it in less then 24 hours, I couldn't put it down. I truly can't believe that this is the author's first book. I found myself falling in love with Merry and Lulu. I definantly agreed with Lulu than with Merry over the whole forgiving their father. I would have never been able to forgive him, especially to my little sister. However, I think that part of her never forgiving him was her not forgiving herself. She felt that everything was her fault and her mother would still be alive if she wouldn't have let her father in. However, she was only 10 years old and that was not her fault. He would have gotten in anyway. One good push again the chain and he would have been in. But when your 10 you don't think like that.
Also I think that the only reason Merry continued to visit him during all those years was because she thought that the reason he cut her was because he was mad at her and she was scared that if she upset him again he would do something worse. I hope that Merry found a man and lived happily ever after.
I enjoyed Lulu's husband as a character. He was such a strong man and was much stronger than Lulu. Most authors would have had him leave her because of the way that she was but he stuck with her through thick and thin. He was a great character. I wish his parents would have had a bigger role in the book though.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Murderer's Daughters.