Sandra's Reviews > Angel Eyes

Angel Eyes by Shannon Dittemore

Jun 08, 12

Read from June 04 to 08, 2012

Angel Eyes is angel lore done right. I absolutely loved that about this novel. I'm a big fan of YA paranormals and that seems to include a lot of books about angels. While I've enjoyed those other books a great deal, they always seems so completely fictionalized to me. Angel Eyes, on the other hand, read a lot more realistically. Sure, Brielle meets angels in real life and for most people that probably doesn't happen, but her life and reactions to life were incredibly realistic, which made Angel Eyes that much more lovable.

And I did love this book, so much. Shannon Dittemore writes beautifully and I found the whole book to be utterly charming. I loved Brielle's character because she seemed so realistic and I loved following her on her spiritual journey that culminated in an ultimate battle of good vs. evil. Her relationship with Jake really drew me in and they had a lot of chemistry together - so much so that I cannot wait to read the next book in the series and see what happens to them! There was a bit of a cliffhanger at the end of the novel in regards to their relationship.

Five stars! I adored this charming, wonderfully written book. The back cover of the novel categorizes the book as Christian fiction, but I think this book will appeal to a much wider audience, including those YA readers who love a good angel book. There were some religious undertones because the angel lore is based of Christianity, but the book did not come off preachy at all. I highly, highly recommend this one for YA angel fans everywhere.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angel Eyes.

06/04/2012 page 151
47.0% "I was drawn right into this novel, it's beautifully written and thus far engaging."