Suzanne's Reviews > While We're Far Apart

While We're Far Apart by Lynn Austin

Dec 06, 12

bookshelves: christian, historical-fiction, world-war-ii
Read from November 28 to December 04, 2012

I thought I’d squeeze in some Christian fiction to get my mind (and heart) focused on the right place as we kick off the Advent season. Set on the U.S. homefront during World War II, While We’re Far Apart is a touching story of family separation. A father is serving overseas and kept apart from his two children. A son is trapped in Hungary studying at the Yeshiva, while his father desperately searches for information about him and fears for his safety. And both of these families grieve the loss of wives and mothers taken from them by means of a tragic automobile accident.

As the book progresses Austin addresses the issues of anger at God, forgiveness and trust that even in despair, God can bring goodness. Austin’s novels are easy to read, but always with a great story and an even greater message. A perfect book for the holidays.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read While We're Far Apart.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Wendy (new) - added it

Wendy This looks good. I just added it to my wish list too. And (bonus) the library has a copy so I can read it for free :-)

Suzanne Nice!