Mary's Reviews > Twice Bitten

Twice Bitten by Chloe Neill

Jan 20, 13

bookshelves: paranormal, urban-fantasy, abandoned
Read from April 30 to May 01, 2012

Full disclosure: I didn't finish this book. I gave up on it (and by proxy, the series) halfway through.

Life is short, read what you want.

I got tired of Merit and Ethan (mostly Ethan, Merit is okay), of Mallory going from a pretty awesome character to a stereotype.

I got tired of EVERY SINGLE MALE CHARACTER being introduced as "brutally handsome" and "too handsome" and "dangerous" and so on. I think there is something to be said for creating an average-looking (or even ugly) man and have him become more attractive because of his actions, his behavior, or his personality. I mean, sure, hotness is nice. But EVERY SINGLE MAN in this book was overwhelmingly attractive. Ugh, exhausting.

I think this world is pretty creative. It's nice to see what society would be like if vampires "came out," as it were. I think it's far-fetched, but interesting. I just wish I cared about the characters a little more.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Twice Bitten.

message 1: by Sonia (new) - added it

Sonia Well, maybe I did right not to pick it up after all. I was a slightly curious after the ending Friday Night Bites but not enough to start this one... I have a problem with Chloe Neill's books: the world building and main concept are usually good, but then the characters and plot fail to deliver.