Liz Hargis's Reviews > The Stranger Beside Me: Ted Bundy The Shocking Inside Story

The Stranger Beside Me by Ann Rule

Apr 30, 12

Read in April, 2012

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to see the inside and all the secrets of a serial killer's mind? This book, by Ann Rule gave me all the details of Ted Bundy's life. This true crime book was fasinatting and it really got you engaged in the story. Ted Bundy was born in 1946 to a young mother who he grew up to believe was his sister. When he found out that she was really his mother, that haunted him for the rest of his life. As he continues through college, he meets a wonderful young lady named, Stephanie. After they broke up, he began to murder several young girls in college that resmebled her. It was almost like he had so much hatred for that type of girl. He murdered young women in college throughout Washington, Colorado, Utah, Oregan and Florida. In 1979, he was arrested for murdering three women in the state of Florida. He was sentenced to death by execution. Ann Rule's, The Stranger Beside Me, mesmerized me by how she was actually friends with Ted, and how she never even knew who the "real" Ted was. And also how he took such innocent lives of such pretty young women.

This book was so interesting that I could not even put it down. I always wanted to know what was going to happen next. Ted Bundy is probably one of the most interesting people I have read about, just in the sence of how sick he was, and how it never even bothered him that he killed over 30 women, and probably several more. One strange thing Ted said was "add a digit to that, and you'll have it." Meanging when the judge said he had killed 30-36 women. Ted Bundy had a long time lover, named Meg Anders. She never expected the "Ted" the police were looking for, to be her "Ted", therefore, she was in denial for many years. After he killed women at night, he would come home to her, late hours of the night and act like everything was normal. Ted was attracted to women who had long hair, parted in the middle, just like Stephanie. He would earn the women's trust, take them some place, hit them on the head with a rod, and rape them when they were dead. In many situations, he would just break into their house and kill them while they were asleep. Ted Bundy was very attractive making young women trust him. When in Florida, he was charged of burgalary so the police took him to jail. They knew he was the Ted who was killing the girls, but they had no evidence just yet. When he escaped, he killed his last victim a 12 year old girl named Kimberely. The court charged him with the murder of her, and two college students in a sorority in the year 1979.

I recommend this book to anyone who is interested in crime novels. Ann Rule is a brilliant writer and her stories get you engaged where you can't even put the book down. The Stranger Beside Me, is one of my favorite books and to this day, Ted Bundy still interests me and I want to learn more about him, to see why he was such a sick man.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Stranger Beside Me.