~*~Princess Nhya~*~'s Reviews > Fifty Shades of Grey

Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James

May 09, 12

Read from May 08 to 09, 2012

Have you ever felt something so outrageous? I mean so completely, totally and utterly not in your sphere of understanding yet it resonates with you so deeply, so profoundly, that you have no choice but to let it in? Embrace it? Well that is what this book has done to me. I could not put this book down. I read it in just shy of 24 hours. From the beginning and especially to the end I was captivated. This story, the people in this story, are so well written so real and completely jacked up. You have no choice but to care about them. Cry and weep with them. Hope beyond hope that some way some how things will work out.

Christian Grey- Dude scares the ever lovin crap out of me! But guess what, I totally love him. I want to know now more than ever what his deal really is. What makes him tick and why. I found myself often times forgetting he is suppose to be this 27 year old self made billionaire. In so many ways, his attitude, his stride, his old wounded soul, makes you envision someone much older but still very, very hot.

And Ana? I love her. You feel at every turn where she is coming from. Very realistic. From her life before Christian to her life during Christian. Very much a heartwrenching and often times hilarious POV you get from her. (I loved all the email conversations) *snickers*

I love how this story flows. There is so much in this story. Alot of set up but you dont get the feeling as if its taking too long to get going. I can't believe its only 26 chapters long, but you dont get the feeling that it's rushed nor that it's dragged out either. But you get a well balanced, complete, very engaging set up for this trilogy.

This is a very sexy, erotic, decadent, dark read. But with heart & soul. And I think this is what balances it out. The heart, the soul is what make the hard, uncomfortable scenes bearable. For those of you who feel you may be on the fence reading this, it definitely is not for the faint of heart. But every thing is still in my opinion, tastefully done. There are books in this genre/subject matter that just completely turned me off to what was written on the page. Made me sick to my stomach at times even, but this book did not do that.

It pushes you alot. In so many ways in so many directions. Especially me, but yet I could not walk away.. With that said, I can't wait to read the 2nd installment in this trilogy. I pray it continues to get better.

I recommend this read.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... Well, honey, this one didn't grab me as much as it did you, but I blame Ana for that. GREAT review!

~*~Princess Nhya~*~ LOL! Thanks Dhes! :)

~*~Princess Nhya~*~ Ebony wrote: "You like fifty! Now we are sisters :)"

hahahahaa! Yes I like this trilogy. I was surprised by how much I did like it. Christian, what a sick, sexy, twisted, but lovable puppy he is. :D

message 4: by ~*~Princess Nhya~*~ (last edited Oct 13, 2013 07:05AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

~*~Princess Nhya~*~ LOL Christian acts like my hubby, just not quite as emotionally disturbed as Christian was.

Yeah I just read it last night that he had to drop out. But maybe it's best? The next person they pick just may do it justice. Though I'm on the fence on whether or not I will see the movie though.