Sara's Reviews > Badass

Badass by Sable Hunter

Apr 30, 12

bookshelves: contrmporary-r, erotica, bdsm
Read in April, 2012

Again I read this based on a recommendation on Amazon. First I didn't realize this is the fourth book in a series. So even though it was OK to read by itself I was lost at times when they were talking about back stories and back characters. I really hate jumping in the middle of a series.

Isaac is also suppose to be a Dom so I was all for getting into this book. The only Dom I saw in him was the few times he spoke firmly to Avery and then he did strap her down to a spanking bench and give her a very light erotic spanking but only because she asked for it. Topping from the Bottom much!

Avery was a doormat for the most part. At what point do you suck up your pride and stop acting like a fool chasing a man that keeps pushing you away? I was embarrassed for her most of the time more than anything.

By the time Isaac did get over his issues and decided he wanted Avery she then gives up on the relationship, but only just on her over all big dreams like marriage sex is still OK she will be his sub. EYE ROLL. Again Avery is a doormat!

I am interested in the back story of the other characters and I am considering reading them but Avery being so weak is a bit off putting and I also think the author has it mixed up the difference between an Alpha male and a Dom. One of the brothers said it best I tie whichever wife or girlfriend up is was that doesn't make me a Dom and if she wanted a spanking I would give it to her. That was the extent of the D/s relationship that was in this book that I saw between Issac and Avery oh and she called him Sir a few times.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Badass.