Nikki Vanderhoof's Reviews > Help! Wanted: Tales of On-The-Job Terror

Help! Wanted by Peter Giglio

Wow, I really don't have a lot of specifics to say about this book. I love anthologies and I love horror so this was perfect for me. Great short horror stories that get right to the point and leave out all of the boring nonsense. That being said, some of these stories left me feeling unsure. Unsure if I liked it or disliked it. Some of them were just that weird. But for the most part they were very intriguing and the stories were immensely original, which I absolutely loved.

There is one story in particular (I apologize I cannot recall the title) that really stayed with me. It was about a woman who is pregnant and is seeing a ghost of a Dr. in her office while she is there alone. I will not disclose details of the story as I'm sure you'll know it when you read it but this one specifically just sent goose bumps up and down my spine. The way the story ends leaves so much for the reader to think about regarding the characters' future. I do love that each story is so disturbing and horrific that it stays with you even after you've read it. The stories don't end with a solid conclusion but rather are very open-ended, leaving the reader to imagine what happens afterwards. The only thing that is difficult about this is the fact that it makes it hard to get into the next story when you're still pondering on the one you just finished. That being said the stories were so well done that it didn't take long to get into each one.

Recommended to horror fans and those that don't get disturbed by the disturbing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Help! Wanted.