Kelsey Ketch's Reviews > Closed Hearts

Closed Hearts by Susan Kaye Quinn

Mar 23, 14

bookshelves: young-adult, supernatural, science-fiction, romance
Read from May 30 to June 05, 2012

Where Open Minds had captured my hidden scientist and my closet conspiracy theorist, Closed Hearts was just pure genius! The second book broadens the horizons of the series, giving more insight on the abilities of the mindjacking world. There are new talents and levels of skill, such as 'keepers,' whose mind barriers are too strong to penetrate, or 'scribes,' who can completely rewrite a person’s personality (scary, yet intriguing). This variety added a lot of flavor to the pages and really expanded on what a single mind can do.

I must say, however, I was every disappointed with one thing, and that would be Raf. I had really liked his character from Mind Games and Open Minds. He was sweet, and though he’s just a reader, I had originally thought him as the perfect match for Kira. But that all seemed to change by the end. Of course, after reading Closed Hearts, I actually have higher hopes for Julian now, another mindjacker. He was amazing! Like it would be hard not to like the guy if you met him in real life! He had a great personality, a strategic mind, powerful passion, and a description which kept bringing Jon Huertas to mind – back when he was Brad Alcerro on Sabrina the Teenage Witch. So yeah, I’m hooked on the guy.

Anyway, I guess I'll have to wait and see where the plot leads, but I can definitely say I’m totally wrapped up in this series! I would highly recommend it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Closed Hearts.