Mary's Reviews > Sweetness

Sweetness by Lindsay Paige

Aug 08, 12

Read in August, 2012

review is on www.booknerdsacrossamerica.com

My twitter friend and amazing blogger @TwiMom101 had read this book a long time ago and gave it great review. I had it but never got around to it. I know....I know.....Bad Book Nerd!! So, let us move past the fact that I am a bad Book Nerd and go to the review of this book.

Poor Emily! She is currently living with her father because she was verbally abused by her mother. Emily's main purpose in life is to stay out of every one's way. Then one day in class Jake partners up with Emily. From there they begin to build an relationship. It is slow to start because Emily just wants to be invisible but Jake wears her down.

Best part of book: Lindsay Paige does not limit the book to just the point of view of Emily. We are also graced with the point of view of Jake. I like that because you get the full effect of the story.

Not so great part of the book: I felt that it was kind of rushed. I am not sure if that was just me but as soon as I started the book it was over. However, that just might be me!

Why read this book? Lindsay Paige puts a wonderful story together of two people in love. I love that we can see Jake and his techniques to wear Emily down.

Onto Book 2!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sweetness.

Quotes Mary Liked

Lindsay Paige
“Her smile brings a smile to my lips every time. Knowing that sometimes, I'm the one who caused that makes me even happier.”

Lindsay Paige
“If I were standing right beside her, I probably would have heard her heart breaking. It would have sounded like the cracking of a wooden bat connecting with a baseball. No, that was too clean of a break. It would have sounded like rain from a powerful thunderstorm pounding on a tin roof. Millions of drops relentlessly pounding away on the surface until it shattered into billions of tiny pieces. Pieces Emily couldn’t put back together by herself.”

Lindsay Paige
“Right then, hearing the tears that had to be falling from her beautiful brown eyes, I wanted nothing more than to take each piece and put it back together again until she was whole. I had to do it. I had to for her and for me. Maybe if Emily can be restored and healed, then maybe, just maybe, so could I.”

Lindsay Paige
“Seeing her like this, I realized I was in love with her. I smiled at the realization. She was mine and I intended to keep it that way.”