Connie's Reviews > Dream Lake

Dream Lake by Lisa Kleypas

May 23, 12

bookshelves: first-reads, romance, contemporary-fiction, spring-2012, series, washington-state
Read from May 22 to 23, 2012

I was happy to receive this advance copy of the newest Friday Harbor romance because I have enjoyed the others in the series. The youngest Nolan brother, Alex, is going through a bitter divorce and hitting the bottle every night. He is the son of alcoholic parents, and has never known real love. He's renovating a cottage for Zoe, a sweet culinary wizard, who is moving there with her grandmother who is suffering from dementia. Alex is also helping his brother fix up a Victorian house that comes complete with a ghost who is trying to remember his past life, and advise Alex about love.

There is a steamy attraction between Zoe and Alex, but he is afraid of a true relationship. The book is also a look back to the 1940s by the ghost as he remembers the woman he loved. The relationship between Alex and the ghost is both humorous and touching. The story is light and magical with engaging characters.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dream Lake.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Anne  (Booklady) Molinarolo Good Book?

Connie It's light, humorous, and hot. It's a fun escape if you've been reading more serious books.

Anne  (Booklady) Molinarolo Yes, I have. I just finished The Guns of Navarone and started Missing Mom by Joyce Carol Oates. It was on my bedside table. I have a nice shelf under the round top covered with my late mother's shawl. It has gotten to me, so when I got up to go to the Dr. I pulled Catching Fire.
I put In This House of Brede on the table itself, so I can participate in the Nook Cafe discussion. Still getting over the Flu, Connie :(

Connie Hope you feel better soon.