Sunny In Wonderland's Reviews > The Catholic Girl's Survival Guide for the Single Years: The Nuts and Bolts of Staying Sane and Happy While Waiting for Mr. Right

The Catholic Girl's Survival Guide for the Single Years by Emily Stimpson

May 09, 12

Read from May 08 to 09, 2012

I am preparing to give one of the best compliments that I can give a book: I will not be giving this book away or trading it in at the local book store, because I'm going to want to read it again.

There. I've said it. I'm not single and I'm not Catholic. I'm not even what you would call religious. But, I'm a woman. And this book is a wonderful treat! It's not just a guide for remaining true to the church's teachings; it's a guide for how to be an upstanding, good friend, wife, woman.

Ms. Stimpson was charming, funny, and clever. Parts of the book were steeped just a little too deeply in the dogma of the church - but, it's not like the title of the book didn't warn us! Nevertheles, the author makes the lessons seem more contemporary without sounding condescending.

I plan on loaning this book to my Catholic, married, BFF. I'm sure she'll enjoy it. But, she better give it back, because this is going to become a permanent addition to my library. And, I'll share it with my 13 year old niece very soon!

Note to Emily Stimpson: OK, OK. You win. I'm totally going to try a pumpkin spice latte the next time I have a chance!

Oh, and to satisfy the FTC, I should also say that I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Catholic Girl's Survival Guide for the Single Years.

05/08/2012 page 21