Rebecca Alora's Reviews > Princess Mia

3020605
Apr 30, 12

bookshelves: books-read-in-2012, favorite-series, books-i-loved
Read in April, 2012

Bravo Meg Cabot. Just Bravo. But, then again, it's not over until the fat lady sings or rather the final novel is written/read (which in the written aspect has happened). This is the ninth book in the ten book Princess Diaries series and boy does it deliver.

We are returned once again to our beloved female protagonist's head...err diary where we go on a journey once again with her. It's a journey of healing and standing up for what you believe in. Mia grows so much into her own in this book. She has to finally 'do things that scare her' without leaning on someone else for help. She also has to ask for help to pull her out of a breakup induced depression.

I feel that I must applaud Meg Cabot for giving us a heroine so shockingly normal in spite of her abnormal circumstances, a girl that shows that young women are meant for more than dressing up like prostitutes and ending up on the covers of gossip mags and tabloids for bad behavior. Young people as a whole are capable of so much more than we are given credit for. And there goes Mia Thermopolis, proving that she can do things and get in papers for reasons other than who she, as a princess, is dating.

This book is also an excellent example of how people can change, such as Lana, and how people's true colors can be revealed over time, such as Lilly. It's about how friendships grow and friendships change with time, how that boy you loved in high school might not be the boy you're with for life, and also that sometimes life sucks and we have to ask people for help to get us through.

Told with breathtaking hilarity and multiple hijinks that ensue Princess Mia is an enjoyable and rather enchanting read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Princess Mia.