Sarah's Reviews > Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers

Stiff by Mary Roach

Jan 31, 13

Read from April 30, 2012 to January 31, 2013

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stiff.

05/01/2012 page 28
9.0% "Mary Roach is now broadening the weirdness of my Google searches to include "anal fistula." I would have preferred a simple footnote."
05/10/2012 page 89
29.0% "I'm in the breakroom and I want to read about the honorable dead. Thanks, cadavers! "Windshields today have even more give, enabling the modern-day head to undergo a 30-mph unbelted car crash straight into a wall and come away with little to complain about save a welt and an owner whose driving skills are up there with the average cadaver's.""
05/15/2012 page 140
46.0% ""[…]I keep shepherding the conversation back to dead bodies, which Lowden clearly doesn't enjoy very much. You would think a man who felt comfortable extolling the virtues of hollow-point bullets ("expands to twice its size and just thumps that person") would be okay talking about dead bodies, but apparently not.""
05/15/2012 page 140