Kimberly's Reviews > Drink, Play, F@#k: One Man's Search for Anything Across Ireland, Vegas, and Thailand

Drink, Play, F@#k by Andrew Gottlieb

Apr 30, 12

Read on April 30, 2012

The author is a so called humorist but I couldn’t see anything funny about this sad tale about Bob a rejected jerk who continues his career into jerkhood by drinking his way around Dublin, compulsive gambling in Las Vegas and leering in Thailand.

I had to check several times that this was a piece of fiction and that Andrew Gottlieb was not previously married to Elisabeth Gilbert, so closely does this follow her story in Eat, Pray, Love.

After getting jilted he leads an attack on the world by quitting his job, cashing out in savings and acting like a petulant child trying to get back at his spouse. I gasped at the protagonist jabs at yoga culture and finding oneself, I guess this is the part that I should have thought was funny but I just never got the humor of it.

The storytelling seemed lazy and contrived with everything being just too convenient, a sort of “Weekend at Bernies” that will work better on the big screen but that won’t help me get that last 5 hours of my life back and the credit on my audible account.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Drink, Play, F@#k.