Sheryl's Reviews > Can You Keep a Secret?

Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie Kinsella

May 21, 12

bookshelves: my-chic-lit
Recommended for: girls with huge secrets
Read from May 06 to 22, 2012

I had just finished reading Sophie Kinsella's novel, "Can You Keep A Secret?", and the book was bloody brilliant. Sophie Kinsella did an amazing job of writing a story like these. To me, Emma Corrigan was a realistic character. A woman of secrets. I easily relate myself to her because I am also a secretive type of a person. I also had a lot of secrets. And I think it's fairly normal for people to have secrets. From the start of the story 'til the ending I couldn't help but laugh on Emma's crazy-mortifying-but-hilarious spiels about her secrets. The funniest scene in this book for me was the airport scenario, when Emma's silky shirt had been unbuttoned itself while she was walking and her pink lacy bra shows. She had assumed people were smiling at her because the world is a nice place, but to her horror when she found out that those people were actually smiling becausee she's a PINK-BLOBBY-BRA-WOMAN. The only thing that I didn't get was the whole confession-of-secrets scenario on the plane. It was kind of moronic. Of course I understood that Emma was scared of flying that she easily gets panicky during the flight. What I didn't understand until now was her reaction during the time that she was panicking. It was all possible that she thought of dying, but spilling all of her secrets? I mean, c'mon, the plane isn't really crashing, then there she was, confessing every damn little secret that she had. All of it. From her weight, to her boyfriend, to her underwear, and even her sexlife. Emma was so really nuts but funny.

Over all, I love the novel. I like Sophie Kinsella's weird-and-mortifying scenes. I also loved the ending though I was kinda pissed off with Jack Harper on the middle of the story when he spilled Emma's secret on national TV. I think Emma and Jack were perfect for each other. And I think this novel was perfect for women who was secretive as me and Emma. Sophie Kinsella's book was fantastic.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Can You Keep a Secret?.

Quotes Sheryl Liked

Sophie Kinsella
“The truth is, some relationships are supposed to last forever, and some are only supposed to last a few days. That’s the way life is.”
Sophie Kinsella, Can You Keep a Secret?