Ixachel's Reviews > I Am Bill Gates' Dog

I Am Bill Gates' Dog by Jeffrey Zygmont

May 05, 12

bookshelves: giveaway-wins, first-reads, books-i-own, reviewed, read-in-2012, g-r
Read from May 04 to 05, 2012

Welcome to the scheming world of Jeffrey Zygmonts creation, where the best laid plans of dogs and men often go awry.

I Am Bill Gates’ Dog introduces us to the canines enlisted to make Bill Gates look good. And, boy, does he need it! We start with Bill Gates meeting with his image consultants and learn that the public sees him as both ruthless and philanthropic, but not relatable, not your ordinary Joe. It’s quite clear why: the Gates of this story comes across as a uncaring jerk. In fact, none of the humans are all that likeable. They are all either schemers or mere bit players. The consultants feel a dog will give Gates that humanizing touch he so desperately needs. Melinda, also attending the meeting, decides that she want to breed a batch of her own dogs with superior intelligence. And so the the plotting begins.

Next, we meet the dogs. They are instantly more interesting and likeable. Among them are the nobel Rin, naive Amanda, talkative Blake, and Dremmel the cautious pessimist. The all make their mark and get you to care about what happens to them. Even the sneaky Georgie captures our interest. But the dogs also have their underhanded plans. The guys want Amanda...and they all want to stay with Gates.

All plots move forward... until a wrench in the form of an organization—with plots of their own, of course—is thrown in and wrecks it all for humans and hounds alike.

I Am Bill Gates’ Dog is a fun bit of satire. Not terribly serious, but not a bore either. A well-paced read, it takes a jab our ambitious side.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Am Bill Gates' Dog.

05/05/2012 page 152