Elizabeth's Reviews > Fifty Shades of Grey

Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James

Apr 30, 12

Read from April 29 to 30, 2012

The whole time I was reading this book I kept thinking, "I don't get it." Why are so many people obsessed with this book and why are they so vocal about their love for it? So people actually like the character Christian Grey? I found him to be a little psychotic, extremely jealous, controlling and possesive. Not exactly the qualities I look for in a man. But at least he had some depth to him. He had a personality, even if it wasn't a very good one.

The main character was utterly ridiculous. She drove me crazy. If I had to read the words "inner goddess" one more time, I was going to scream! What's with these female main characters with no self-esteem, who always complain about being awkward/not pretty enough yet every single boy seems to be madly in love with them? (I'm looking at you Stephanie Meyer.)

This book was just pointless to me. If there was an actual plot, I'd love to know what it was. I am seriously baffled at the amount of people I know who liked this book.
Likeflag