Albert's Reviews > Kill the Dead

Kill the Dead by Richard Kadrey

Apr 29, 2012

Read from April 29 to May 01, 2012

"Imagine shoving a cattle prod up a rhino's ass, shouting "April fool!", and hoping the rhino thinks its funny."...
So begins Kill The Dead, the second Sandman Slim novel by Richard Kadrey. Sandman Slim or James Stark as he is refered to throughout most of the novel is a strangely unique character. There are just enough references to his past to make me feel like I really missed out when I did not pick up the first Sandman Slim novel. Slim is a bounty hunter working for both the side of God in the form of the Golden Vigil run by an Angel to hunt down all sorts of evil creatures. The side is as bodyguard to Lucifer, yes that Lucifer.
This novel delves into the darkness of night creatures that are the dead. Not the undead, but the dead. Zombies in all their variations and the mayhem that they shamble forth. And the blood. And the guts. And the feedings. I mean this book could be The Walking Dead but without all the seriousness and introspection.
And that is a good thing.
Kill The Dead hits the tongue in cheek horror genre right on the head and then steamrolls right through.
Fun Fun Capital freaking FUN!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kill the Dead.