Tatjana's Reviews > The Girl in the Arena

The Girl in the Arena by Lise Haines

Apr 29, 12

bookshelves: adventure, nope-nada-not

As seen on: The Pie Bookery

Oh where to begin? Yes I know! This book was terrible. I thought this was a self-published book at first. My biggest reason for disliking this book? There are no freaking punctuation/quotation marks!
Example: -Don’t you dare- I said viciously –this is ridiculous- I thought to myself.
And this went on and on throughout the whole book! I had no idea where the thought started and ended and when she was really saying anything out loud. It was to tedious to read trying to figure that out and I eventually gave up half way through the book. Why try to read something you can’t even read? Way to frustrating.
The mom bugged the crap out of me-she acted younger than Lyn and was all ‘me, me, me’ the entire time. Lyn bothered me too. She was too willing to give in and help her mom-which she called by her first name which bugged-and even put her life on the line so her mom didn’t have to remarry.
The reason I started reading this was the cover art. And it had gladiators’ in it. But that’s all the good this book has going for it. If the author went back and actually added quotation marks and made it a real book, I might give it another go.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girl in the Arena.