Red Harvey's Reviews > The Grimoire, Volume I

The Grimoire, Volume I by C.D. Sweitzer

Apr 29, 12

Read in April, 2012

Lisa and Kat are lovers. Almost as a hobby, Lisa studies witchcraft while maintaining a normal job on the side. Kat accepts Lisa's quirks as she has a few of her own. They live a comfortable and quiet life together, until one day Lisa purchases an ancient grimoire of unknown origin. Right away, Lisa feels a connection to the grimoire, and over time, she uses the connection to heighten her powers as a witch.

The grimoire holds secrets of the occult, ancient history, and much more. Devon Chandler, the previous owner of the grimoire, is eager to get it back since he knows the power of possessing and utilizing the book's secrets.

Professor Ian Kenley aids Lisa and Kat in keeping the grimoire from falling back into the hands of Chandler. When the book mysteriously disappears, they use all the clues they can to find it.
Soon, the trio's journey to find the grimoire leads them to a cult of necromancers.

This book was fast-paced and interesting. The cast of characters was highly likable and believable. C.D. Sweitzer is a skilled writer who knows how to inject humor when needed most. I highly recommend this book.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Grimoire, Volume I.