Jennifer's Reviews > The Fault in Our Stars

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

Apr 29, 12

Recommended to Jennifer by: Angela Anderson
Recommended for: People who like fiction with a strong foot in reality
Read from April 27 to 29, 2012

This is one of the best books I have ever read. Within the first few pages I was drawn in and couldn't put it down. Plan on a day where you don't need to accomplish anything, because once you start you have to keep going. This book is beautifully written and captivates your interest within the first few pages. This is a fictional story about Hazel, a 16 year old with terminal cancer, but it isn't really a story about cancer. The illness is clearly a huge emphasis, but I think it is a really amazing love story. You feel such admiration and compassion for the characters - although they don't want you to. As a parent and a former teenager, I could empathize with every one of the characters and was haunted by them for days after finishing the book. You will laugh, and if you are anything like me, you will cry - a lot. It is a lesson about living every moment to the fullest and enjoying the tender moments. I wanted to skip ahead and read the last page to see if it ends the way Hazel's favorite book ends, but thankfully restrained myself - the end was unexpected to me, beautiful, painful, amazing. I have great difficulty describing this book - you just need to read it, please read it.