Linda's Reviews > The Skypirate

Apr 29, 12

liked it
bookshelves: alpha-male, futuristic-romance, series
Read in February, 2012

What happens when a man who can't forgive himself meets a woman who requires redemption? A futuristic romance called THE SKYPIRATE. I read it as a stand-alone but it would have helped to understand all the secondary characters better if I read LORD OF THE STORM first.

It was surprisingly stronger than most visionary romances written in the 1990's. Believe me I should know, I have read enough of them. Dax Silverbrake- OK, Ms. Davis could have come up with a better last name- is an enigma of sorts. This tough nut is hard to crack. If something needs to be done and it is dangerous, he succeeds where others would have failed. Both good looking and fair, most everyone likes him.

The Coalition is the enemy. Dax does everything in his power to cause this faction problems. So when he meets Califa for the first time while saving a friend, he is leery yet attracted to her. She is a slave controlled by a collar but he knows there is more to her and he intends to find out.

If you keep an open mind while reading this piece of fiction you'll figure everything out. There are the usual highs and lows with this type of romance. But if you are looking for something slightly different and you like this genre you should enjoy this couple's story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Skypirate.